Sunday, December 1, 2013

TINDER is not for Hopeless Romantic but the more Unscrupulous






I have tried all the dating sites, matchmakers, single cruises and events, speed dating, you name it I have tried it.  It has not been all fruitless.  I have gotten some pretty good dates and even some varied long term relationships. As technology has grown so has the interest in dating apps.  Most recently I tried Tinder.  A male friend of mine coaxed me into giving it a try.  I did my research due to my skepticism of a site where you make a decision based on a few pictures from a Facebook site.  From what I gathered it was mostly a hookup site similar to the dating app Grindr which is exclusive to gay men.
I did not want to hook up, I wanted a relationship, so it was in an article in a British magazine that changed my mind.  The author, female, went on various dates where she found that the men weren't looking for hook ups, however the men she went out with were nothing like their profile.  Some were short, fat and extremely geeky.  I can deal with geeky and short as long as they aren't too short.  But then I though who was I too judge.  I wanted to check it out myself with the notion that I was not going to use it as a night of passionate or passionless sex. 

Most of the men were in their 20's and 30's.  You flip through hundreds of photo profiles and decide you either like or not like.  I chose 27-40.  I came across some hot twenty plus year old and decided for my ego's sake click, "like".  I was amazed how many matches I got.  Why would these young studs like a 40 plus woman.  I talked to many of them but decided to make plans with two men who were both 38.  Due to privacy I have changed their names.  The first one was Chance, 38 and single dad of two girls.  His pictures were devilish with a hint of gangsta.  Maybe it was the way he wore his baseball cap backwards.  Chance started out the conversation with a "Hey how are you tonight?" And needless to say the conversation flowed.  We learned more about each other in one night then most couples do on an extended weekend date.  And so for the next two weeks the texts continued for hours upon hours every night.......

No comments:

Post a Comment