Monday, December 2, 2013

A Wink, Smiley Face and a Kiss, but no Car!


So the texts continued.  Every day, night and in between.   He sent me selfies.  He texted me emoticons which consisted of smiley faces, winks and kisses.  We even skyped.  I had never skyped before just the typical Facetime.  Skyping was a whole new experience for me.  Chance told me he we would have to wait at least two weeks before we met due to his car being in the shop.  He was waiting for a part.  "Hmmm,"  I thought, "waiting for a car part for two weeks" and he is not renting a car to get around.  "I haven't been able to buy groceries either."


 At that point I had to ask myself, "how do you not buy groceries for two weeks, and have two daughters?" I asked him point blank how he was getting to work and he stated that his co-workers were taking him to work.  In the same breath he told me he was a bit frugal with his money and he bought his part on Ebay.  Now let me say this being frugal with your money is a good thing but to literally not have transportation for two weeks.   Is this someone I want to date? Were the flags up in a bright bold color of red?  Well they certainly weren't stars and stripes with bombs bursting in air.  I should have known from the bright and gleaming warning signs this was not someone to get involved with.  But I thought no harm in just meeting him, right.  I mean what better stuff did I have to do.  He called me sexy, said he couldn't wait to meet me, I seemed like the perfect girl and the compliments went on and on without a horse riding into the sunset, just an old car sitting in a mechanics shop.

Well the weekend has finally arrived and we go on our first date

No comments:

Post a Comment